I started the Opera Scarf for my sister last Wednesday. Well, I tried to start it on Wednesday, but I really didn't get moving until Thursday. I tried casting on while I was at Knit Happens for "late night", but after ripping out four times, I gave up. I had a hard time concentrating while talking and listening to everyone else. Plus, when I made a mistake, I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I think the combo of yarnovers and k2tog made it hard for me to figure out how to unknit and go back once I found a screw-up. I decided this will be a Metro project. I never talk to anyone on Metro, so it seemed like a good fit. This patten is SO easy, but like I said, you have to pay attention. I probably have about 10 inches done so far.
Closeup of the stitches:
The Alpaca & Silk is very soft, but it sheds a little. I think I would make this scarf again with different yarn in a brighter color. I thought this Plymouth Baby Alpaca Brush may work without the shedding. Here is a review about it at Knitter's Review. I didn't swatch first, and started right out on the size 8's the pattern called for. I finally decided to go up to a size 10 (Daisy plastic) needle. Seems to be working well although the stitches are a little sticky. I probably need to knit a little looser.
I am depending on the fact that blocking should be able to work wonders with this scarf! All in all, I like the way it is turning out. Hopefully my sister will like it too.